Small Craft Advisory
A small craft warning is now in effect for inshore and offshore areas of the north and south coast due to strong winds and rough seas. A strong Low-Level Jet is expected to disturb sea conditions, mainly around the island over the next several days.
Waves are expected to reach heights between 2.5m (8ft) to 3.5m (12ft) in open waters. This could produce conditions hazardous to small craft, therefore we are advising that small craft operator as well as inexperienced mariners, should avoid navigating in these conditions.
The forecast is for strong winds and rough seas to affect inshore and offshore areas of the north and south coast over the next several days.
Safety Advisory Tips:
- Monitor sea and beach conditions.
- Exercise extreme caution in coastal and offshore waters.
- Avoid entering the sea if unnecessary.
- Be alert for large waves and dangerous currents.
- Follow the instructions of lifeguards and water safety instructors.
- Monitor official news sources.
For more information visit our website: Jamaica Weather